1. What is a Cookie?
When you visit a website, it may happen that cookies are set on your device or information is retrieved from previously set cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device. Cookies collect and store certain information for a certain period of time in order to ensure the functionality of the website and to make your visit more comfortable (for example, cookies remember your preferred settings). In addition, cookies help to better understand how visitors use the website. This allows for continually improving the site and its usability, as well as providing visitors with more relevant information, including personalized advertising.
2. How can you deactivate Cookies?
You can either deactivate the automatic setting of cookies in general or set your browser to block cookies from certain domains (e.g. "googleleadservices.com").
Most browsers are set by default to accept all cookies. To make changes to the cookie settings, you can call up the settings menu of your Internet browser. Cookie settings are typically found in the "Internet Options", "Tools" or "Settings" submenu. The exact procedure for disabling cookies depends on your browser. Changes to the settings only affect the browser in which the adjustments are made. If you use different browsers or multiple devices, you will need to change the settings in all browsers / on all devices.
Please note: If you decide not to allow strictly necessary and functional cookies, this may impair the user-friendliness of this website.
3. What happens with Cookies that have been already set?
Collection of your data through our analytics cookies can be prevented. If cookies are deactivated, the information collected prior to the preference change may still be used, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
4. Which cookies are used on this website?
Depending on the lifetime, a distinction can be made between "session cookies" and "permanent cookies". "Session cookies" are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the website. A "permanent cookie" will remain substantially longer or until you manually delete it on your device (how long the cookie stays on your device depends on the duration or expiration date of the particular cookie and your browser settings). Permanent cookies allow us to recognize you the next time you visit our website.
Various types of cookies can be used on this website:
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for the correct functioning of our website and to improve your visit to this website. They are necessary for forms to function correctly, for your user account information to be recorded and for your virtual shopping cart to remember the items you have selected.
- Statistics cookies: This type of cookie collects information for statistical and analytical purposes, such as visitor numbers, how visitors use our site, and whether problems or errors occur during their visit. All information collected by analysis cookies is aggregated and evaluated anonymously. This information helps us to improve the website experience for all our visitors and to resolve problems quickly.
- Marketing and Social Media Cookies: These cookies are based on third-party services (e.g. Facebook 'Likes' and Google +1 Share Buttons). They allow you to submit 'likes', share content with your friends, and connect to social media platforms. In addition, we share information about your use of this website with the respective third parties for the purpose of personalized advertising.
5. Which analytics services do we use on this website?
Based on our legitimate interest in analyzing, optimizing and operating our online offerings, we use the analytics services of third parties described below. Analytics services usually work by setting cookies. You can disable analytics cookies by adjusting your browser settings as described above. For effective prevention of analytics services, you should make adjustments on all devices used.
Google AdWords: This website uses Google's conversion tracking. If you access our website via an ad placed by Google, Google Adwords places a cookie on your computer. This cookie has a lifespan of 30 days. During this time, we and Google can recognize if you visit our website more than once. Every website operator who uses Google AdWords receives a different cookie and therefore has no insight into which other third-party websites his visitors access. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to compile conversion statistics for us as website operators. This tells us the total number of users who clicked on our ad and were then redirected to our website. However, we do not receive any information that can be used to identify individual users.
Facebook Pixel: Our website may use Facebook Inc.'s visitor action pixel to measure conversion. ("Facebook"). The Facebook pixel works similar to a cookie, but it sits on our website instead of on your device. The Facebook pixel can be used to track the behavior of website visitors who click on a Facebook ad to refer them to our website. This allows us to evaluate the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes and to optimize future advertising. As a website operator, we only receive pseudonymised data so that we cannot draw any conclusions about single visitors. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook so that a connection to the respective user profile is possible and Facebook can use the data for its own advertising purposes (in particular placing advertisements on Facebook pages and outside Facebook) in accordance with the Facebook data usage guidelines. We cannot influence this further processing of your data by Facebook. You can disable the Custom Audiences remarketing feature in the Advertisement Settings section of http://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen. To do this, you must be logged into Facebook. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can disable Facebook's usage-based advertising on the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance website: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/de/praferenzmanagement/.
If you have further questions, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.